Exploring the Americas like Columbus did


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Huelva
May 8th 2008
Published: May 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

May 2, 2008

This morning Julie and I met Katie to walk to the “pick-up” spot to go to the Monastery that Christopher Columbus stayed at for awhile, to see replicas of Columbus’ ships, and to go to the beach. We first went to the Tres Carabelas, which are the replicas of La Niña, La Pinta, and La Santa María. They were a lot smaller than I thought they would be. We also explored “The Americas” which was an area looking like an island in the Caribbean. After that we went to El Monasterio de La Rábida. This is the monastery Columbus stayed at before he set sail for the New World. We saw a few rooms he planned his trip at and another church!

Then we left the boring part of the day and headed to the playa de Mazagón. We had a little over 4 hours there. The sun was really hot, and the water was cool enough we could go in it to cool off. We headed home, and it was sad because that is probably the last beach I will be at for a long time!

Julie and I showered, removing the tons of sand that had found its way onto me. Then we went out to Foster’s Hollywood Restaurant to enjoy some American food again! I had a real burger and a baked potato and it was soo good! We went home to watch "Love Actually".


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb