Sevilla Fútbol Game


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
May 12th 2008
Published: May 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

May 4, 2008

I went to my last mass at the Cathedral this morning. It was really pretty because the paso we saw yesterday was at the Silver Altar of the Cathedral, and that is where they celebrated the mass. We were going to go to Museo de Bellas Artes, but the line was so long, that we decided to wait til another day. We ate lunch early, and then hung out before it was time to leave to go to our Sevilla Fútbol Game!

We had to get our Starbucks, especially since it would be the last Sunday to do so, so we picked it up on our walk to the game. You could tell when we started getting close to the stadium, because everyone was wearing red. We were getting so excited for the game! We found our seats, third level and corner of the southern goal. We figured they would be bad seats, but they ended up being pretty good. Before the game started, we chilled inside to stay cool, since it was very sunny and probably over 90°. We saw two other girls from CC-CS, Becky and Emma, talked with them a little bit, and found out they were going to be right in front of us for the game.

The game finally started: Sevilla versus Real Valladolid. Renato scored two goals in the first half (9” and 40” minute), and we led 2-0 at halftime. Unfortunately, once Sevilla was to trying to score in our goal in the second half, they were unsuccessful. However, they did not let Valladolid score either, and at the end of the game, we won 2-0. We were the better team, so we were all excited for the win. I have two favorite players, Kanouté, who didn’t have a very good game, and Dani Alves, the captain. It was a lot of fun to see the game, and the atmosphere was awesome. I am definitely a Sevilla Fútbol fan!

When Julie and I walked home, we ran into the procession for La Divina Pastora de Triana, for the second time. We watched the procession, and took our pictures since we had our cameras with us! Then we continued our walk home. In Plaza San Francisco the past couple of weeks, the ayuntamiento has been setting something up, and our curiosity finally got the best of us, so we went to check it out. It is an exposition on “La Vida del Mediterráneo.” It was really interesting; there were panoramic pictures of Morocco (some that I have seen), and places in Andalucía, and sculptures made of bronze.

We finally headed home, to eat dinner and watch our telenovela. This has definitely been one of the most fun weekends I have had here. Everything we did was fun, and I was never bored for once. Unfortunately, the weekends over, and tomorrow it is back to school- the last full week!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb