Exploring Andalusia and the Sister City of Toledo


Advertisement
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
October 9th 2021
Published: October 15th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Ronda There is just something about train travel….not exactly sure what that is, but maybe it’s because we’re Americans who grew up in the suburbs of our respective cities in the 1960’s and ‘70’s and as a result always arrived everywhere by car. America is a nation of highways. That was America back then…you want to go some place, you simply jump in the car and go. There were no tra... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Flamenco Dancing Flamenco Dancing
Flamenco Dancing

Intense Footwork
One more mushroom shotOne more mushroom shot
One more mushroom shot

It really was a cool piece of architecture
A fashion statementA fashion statement
A fashion statement

Dave says in the 70's these were only athletic shoes.



15th October 2021

Send me the paella recipe's
This part of you trip sounds so good. Love all the pics. By the way, Paella is one of my fav dishes.....I would of had two fo the pear in wine .Happy Birthday to me today and soon > Happy Birthday to me dear friend Dave !
15th October 2021

Pallea...sounds great!
Soon to jump on a boat for a river cruise. HBD Dennis!!
15th October 2021

Missing Spain!
I'm traveling vicariously with you -- enjoying your blogs. And terribly missing Spain! You must be in Portugal now enjoying your port. What I love most about Spain and Portugal is the love for life manifested in its art, cuisine and lifestyle. When people relax and celebrate life at every opportunity, you're in good company! So have more fun. Drink more port and enjoy that bacalhau and pulpo! Finish off with those egg tarts and torrijas . Buen provecho!
16th October 2021

Missing Spain
We wish we had come to Spain when you were coming here frequently. Your restaurant recommendation was excellent! We will be in Barcelona and San Sebastian before too long if you have ideas please send. We are doing our best to celebrate life! We are sampling everything!
15th October 2021

Exploring Andalusia
The tuna/tomato and pear dishes look delicious. And what beautiful pix. Continue to enjoy and be safe! ?
15th October 2021

Enjoying Andalusia
We are having a great time. The food, the people, the architecture…. Great explorations. Thanks for commenting.
15th October 2021
Chicken Paella

Pros
Ah so now you're pros at making Paella
16th October 2021
Chicken Paella

Pros
Alan, assisting with one paella does not make us pros. We will need a great deal of practice. It is a simple meal but complex.
16th October 2021

Ole!
Oh my gosh! How fantastic! You are in SPAIN!!! I think I was Spanish in a previous life, I adored Sevilla and Grenada and I can’t wait to go back to explore further. Been considering the pilgrimage next summer but that’s wine season so I’ll have to go before or after. Excited to keep reading on as you make your way to Portugal. Give my best to Brendan!
16th October 2021

Ole!
We are enjoying Spain a great deal. These towns and people are marvelous... and ah... the food. We are digging in the best we can. Thanks for commenting.
16th October 2021

Love your narrative and photos of your trip to Spain, Merry! The foods you have encountered all sound delicious!!!
17th October 2021

Andalusia
Susan, indeed the food has been a taste treat. We’ve had several exceptional dining recommendations. Spain has a lot to offer.
16th October 2021
Fine artistic talent on the Spanish guitar

Spanish Guitar
What a fantastic shot..one with his guitar...can feel the tune taking you to his soul and beyond.
17th October 2021
Fine artistic talent on the Spanish guitar

Spanish guitar
The intense emotions could be felt to our core. His talent captured our attention from the first note. He made us love this music and his guitar.
17th October 2021

Thanks for the blog.
It took me back. We've been to Ronda and Sevilla, quite a few years back now. I wasn't mad about Ronda, but I don't think we stayed there, we visited from somewhere else. Sevilla was super, loved the food. Our hotel was opposite the cathedral and had a rooftop bar overlooking the stunning medieval prospect and the plaza. Great food, lovely walks by the river, the Plaza Europa was impressive. I remember the fast trains, if you looked 90 degrees over your shoulder out of the window it was hard to take the view in, it sped by so fast. Enjoy Portugal. Just to be safe, keep an eye on your belongings in Lisbon.
17th October 2021

The blog
Ronda is quaint and you can see it in a day. It may have grown some since you were there. We found a great restaurant so that increased our enjoyment. Sevilla is a lovely city with beautiful side streets. The streets of Toledo were the narrowest we've encountered. All in all a great visit.
18th October 2021

Romantic train journey
Your description is fantastic. Seriously, you should consider writing a book when you are back. I will only comment on your romantic train journey. I am with you...I miss it in North America. To me it's not only romantic, it's nostalgic. I grew up with a childhood of 'clickety clack' train chat with its wheels, somewhere in the middle of the night trains stops in a sleepy station, sometimes it passes a level crossing suddenly with a glimpse of civilization then dives into eternal darkness - 'Hello darkness, my old friend"...Oh, I miss this so much. Later I travelled overnight trains in Chiang Mai and in Vietnam...they reminded me my old days.. a world of fairy tales..So enjoy your train journey as much as you can.
18th October 2021

Romantic train journey
Thank you for your kind words. It is always great receiving a message from you. Trains energize the world traveler. We often talk of trains when we begin to plan future trips. There are some amazing trains around the world and we hope to get on them sooner than later.
22nd October 2021

Day trip Towns
It is nice you were able to stay in Ronda and Toledo, we did the same. Lots of people were only visiting for a few hours during the day. I find the evenings in such places to be so relaxing and love walking around after sunset. Seeing everything lit up and quieter adds an entirely different perspective.
22nd October 2021

Day Trip Towns
We are on a FB page called Travel Spain where they give great information. Everyone wanted to know why we were staying so many days in Ronda and Toledo... exactly the reason you pointed out. A town has a different personality in the evening after the day trippers are gone. Plus you have time to talk with more people and absorb the local feel.
28th October 2021

Thanks for the tips
As you know I’m often in Spain , so it’s good to get tips about new places to go like Toledo and also cafes and other places of interest in places I already know. Travelling by train or bus I couldn’t believe the mountainsides absolutely covered mile after mile with olive trees . Hasta la vista .
29th October 2021

Tips.. on Toledo
Spain has so much to offer. Toledo may win the prize for having the narrowest streets. Traveling by train is wonderful --as you say the countryside is dotted with lovely olive trees.
31st October 2021

Beautiful Spain!
Gosh, I seem to have forgotten what a beautiful country Spain is - thank you for the reminder! ? It looks like you've seen some amazing places and sights, and I'm glad also that you've been able to see live flamenco - such passion and intensity! Ah, I remember having to get used to Spanish mealtimes, and the strange looks on people's faces when I asked if they were serving food in eateries at 12pm or 5.30pm! I also seem to remember only certain places in Spain do tapas with drinks - I don't think you get them in Cataluña for example, I think they are more common in Andalucía.
31st October 2021

Beautiful Spain
We are enjoying our time in Spain. It has much to offer. As you said, the flamenco dancing is passionate and so intense. They burn off the calories. The mealtimes are still a struggle even after 5+ weeks. We often eat a big meal late after noon and not eat dinner or eat very light. Correct again... we are currently in Barcelona and no tapas with drinks. Thank you for reading and commenting.
4th January 2022
View from the upper tier of the bull fighting arena

Bringing back memories
I visited Ronda in 2018 and I really enjoyed it there. Although I don't really like bullfighting, cruelty to animals is not OK, but the bull fighting arena in Ronda is a pretty cool building. /Ake
4th January 2022
View from the upper tier of the bull fighting arena

Bringing back memories
We've never seen a bullfight but can imagine. Ronda is a cute town and the architecture of the bullring is very nice.
4th January 2022
View of the bridge from the. gorge in Ronda

That bridge is just awesome
I just love that bridge. I spent hours walking around trying to get good photos of it /Ake
4th January 2022
View of the bridge from the. gorge in Ronda

The bridge
It is easy to take a few hundred photos of this bridge... next to it, under it, at different times of the day with different lighting. It is a lovely bridge.

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 22; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb