All I can say is relaxation


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Marbella
August 7th 2006
Published: August 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After a 6 hour detour at the airport in Casablanca , I arrived in Malaga, Spain to spend a few days with my friend Kenza and her family who are vacationing in Marbella on the Costa del Sol in the South of Spain. At this point, I havent had more than 5 hours of sleep in 48 hours, have spent most of the time sitting and waiting for flights, and am absolutely exhausted. It is now almost midnight and just about ready to crash, but in true Spanish-style, we head out for dinner. We didnt eat until 1:30 a.m.!!! And we thought we dined late in Montreal...

We are staying at the Westin La Quinta Golf Resort, which is located about 15 minutes from the port, but is absolutely stunning (surrounded by huge villas and estates), and more importantly very very relaxing. I was basically a lazy bum during my stay there, and didnt rise from bed until almost 2 p.m. every day, something unheard from me who is usually up at 9 a.m., hungover or rested. We spent most of the day tanning, especially in the pool, as the Spanish heat can get to you after a while...

Every night we head down to the port in Puerto Banus, which is the more known area of Marbella. This is where all the 50-foot plus yachts are stationed, and where the Bentleys, Ferraris, and Lamborghinis are a plenty. The port area consists of several streets of restaurants and bars, and we usually dont dine before midnight, even if we were travelling with 4 kids under the age of 12.

The party really starts around 2 a.m. though. Puerto Banus is a huge destination for European travellers our age, especially British ones (you pretty much hear more English than Spanish). There are rows and rows of bars, at which Kenza and I spend about a half hour in each, drinking our tinto de verano (red wine with 7up). We met SO many people all around, danced on the bars, sung along to 'Living on a prayer' and 'Sweet Child of Mine' with random Italians who claimed to know the words, and even partied with a Saudi prince (although we have no pictures to prove as his bodyguards made us delete them, I did score a phone number though!!!)

Puerto Banus was stunning and I definetely intend on returning.. Highly recommended for anyone looking for an amazing time, just get a hotel near the bars cuz we waited over an hour until 7 a.m. for ours! Hasta luego!

Advertisement



10th August 2006

The Plaes Get Better
Don't worry babe, all these flight delays and mix ups just become normal to you after a while... Trust me.. it took me 14 flights in 2 months and a half to realise that... ;) Just never fly AlItalia, and you'll be fine.

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb