Cadiz


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Cádiz » San Fernando
January 15th 2012
Published: January 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 4

Finished last night by drinking a copious amount of beer with the american eric stating in the same room as me. Beer was only 99c so 4 litres each cost 8 euro. Not too bad at all. Went to bed at 1 and were the first 2 to head to bed in our dorm of 8 people. Slowly adjusting the body clock to spanish time and speed.

Woke up at about 9 and after brekkie, weather not so good today very cloudy and cold, headed off to the bus station and got rained on en route. Nice. Bus more expensive than was advertised anywhere but the journey was very pleasant, nice and warm about 32 hours to dump me in the middle of Cadiz at a rather delapidated bus station adjacent to the train station. Had an address for the hostal but the map in the lonley plant inadequate for finding it and the only hostal that was in the guide book was fully booked according to the internet. Not quite sure why that is, the hostal that i found seems to be pretty dead, not as nice as the previous one but ok nonetheless. decided to take a walk and orientate myself with the city. Actually reasonably small historic centre and it took about 2 hours to walk around the whole coast from the cathedral on one side to the commerical port on the other. Will do touristy things tomorrow.

Seems like a nice town but it spent the whole day raining so may have coloured my impression of the place, also there is something called a pre carnaval on and they were giving away free beer and sea urchins in the main square. The sqaure was packed and the queues for it huge so decided to give it a miss and get out of the rain. Currently watching the football online, come on the arsenal!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb