Seville Updated


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville » Camas
January 14th 2012
Published: January 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 and 3 in Seville spain

Day 2 started off properly looking for a job. I say that although i woke up late i spent a good hour on google maps trying to locate all of the schools, some of which i found out when i was walking around simply did not exist. They seemed to be grouped in 3 main areas and for the most part were very nice about taking taking my CV. When i finally got the sales pitch down in Spanish it went a lot better, fail to prepare-prepare to fail sort of fits into mind here.

Walked absolutely miles to all of the places all over the city and took in some good sights such as the river where i had my lunch in the sunshine and the plaza espana which was amazing. I had spent a good hour earlier trying to sort out my phone which was not desbloqueado and finally ended up just buying a new one and making 80 photocopies of my CV to distribute around. Sweet as. Got an interesting nibble off one school called the windor school who said that an English teacher had just quit so need to try to follow that up although it could be quite difficult to do from far away.

Finshed at about 6pm back at the hostal and bought a beer, 1 litre for 99c not too shabby and caught the dying rays of the sun before cooking a proper late spanish dinner and going to retrieve my drink at the bar, free drink when you check in! Was drinking with some americans, other people went out on a pub crawl and just about to go to bed when 2 shots suddenly appeared in front of just bought by the bar manager who was hammered and who proceeded to buy us drinks and flirt with us for about 2 hours. Went to bed a little bit the worse for wear. So much for getting up early the next day!

Woke up late and missed the bus i wanted to take to Cadiz, stuck here for another day but hadn't done any of the stuff i wanted to do anyway so had a proper touristic (as they say over here) day. went to the Alcanzar palace. Interesting blend of arabic and european styles quite unlike anything i had ever seen before. Beautiful place with amazing gardens and peacocks just rocking around as they do. went with and american bloke called eric, top guy. Also hit the cathedral which has amazing architecture but is basically the same as any other catholic cathedral i have been in before. Highlight of this though was the opportunity to climb the Giraldi. A tower that used to be a minaret affording brilliant views of the city of Seville. How many stairs i hear you ask. 17. Thats right. The whole thing is just ramps so that the guards could ride up to the top on their horses or the inman could skateboard down or something like that. Anyway back in the hostal now chilling with Germans and drinking some more ridicuously cheap beer. Another late dinner but an early night as getting the 9 am bus to cadiz tomorrow. Ciao chicos!


Additional photos below
Photos: 70, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb