Cadiz Part 2


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Cádiz » Castellar de la Frontera
January 16th 2012
Published: January 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Cadiz day 4

Woke up this morning due to a large number of people leaving the dorm room and the fact that my legs were poking out of the bottom of the duvet, not designed for tall people. could here the rain beating down on the shutters outside and thought myself lucky that i was in the place where they had more than 300 days sunshine a year. Went for brekkie and just bumming around until about 11 waiting for the rain to ease off which obviously never happened. Decided to go and check out the market and hit the supermarket as well, nice well stocked carrefour and the market was dead as apparently everything is on a monday, including all of the museums that i wanted to visit. typical. Managed to get absolutely soaked in my hour long jaunt through town and came back to the hostal for lunch, chorizo sandwiches, not too shabby i tell you, and the sun finally came out. Dropped off my CV to the few places that seemed to be teaching English here, got quite excited when the woman at the front desk said they were looking for a teacher and told me to wait for a moment while she checked it out, and then came back to confirm that i was a french teacher - bummer.

Had a lovely walk around town in the sunshine along the sea front where i visited the castillo san sebastian, bit disappointing full of arty stuff, and did some rock hopping and beach walking to return to the hostal. Investigated the roof garden on top of the hostal, looked like it could be really nice in the summer with hammocks and chilled out chairs under a shelter and then chorizo with red wine and pasta for dinner. Big day tomorrow with loads of travelling so off to bed nice and early.

P.s Bought another cheap bottle of wine just to see if maybe i made a mistake with the first one - this is a scientific process people!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb