June 23 2014 Piran - Koper - Muggia


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia
June 23rd 2014
Published: May 27th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Collected the bikes from the storage room as our room was too small to store them and the cat we were swinging around kept banging his head. Breakfast in Tartini square before a very steep cycle out. We found the D8 cycling route which follows an old narrow gauge railway line to Trieste however, we turned off at Koper to continue along the beach and stopped at the The Lord Byron Pub for a Coke zero (me) and a Czech beer for Gus. This town has a lot of narrow lane ways as well. On leaving the pub Gus found that a low flying seagull or saggy arsed buzzard had left a calling card on his front pannier... Hilarious!
We continued to follow the rail trail to Muggia and called in to the cafe that we had previously visited to see mama Sabrina. Lol. She was pleased to see us and turned up with a variety of different high alcohol potions which I respectfully declined. Gus enjoyed one of them. After a few laps of the town we found our accommodation at La Bussola hotel. Beautiful room and the manageress couldn't have been more helpful. Our bikes were securely stored on the first floor terrace. Any person that wishes to carry them down the stairs is welcome to them. Our 3rd floor room had a nice bathroom complete with an extra sink so that we could do our washing. (See attached photo) The shower head was also at a respectable height so it's obviously a no midget town.
Gus and I continued to flap the beak about about our deteriorating eyesight. He regaled the story about a mate of his who also needed glasses and gave his daughter some haemorrhoid cream instead of a cream for mouth ulcers and then to top it off took his daughters contraceptive pill instead of his cholesterol tablets. Consequently if you're ever in Perth keep an eye out for a pregnant girl with bad breath who's dad is now growing a set of hooters. Lol

Where I stayed



Hotel La Bussola - Via Alessandro Manzoni 5, Muggia, ItalyI rated this place 5/5 - 5 star hotel at a 1 star priceBeautifully clean room with a manageress that couldn't have been more helpful from local places to eat to cycling destinations in Slovenia. Very reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend this hotel for even the most discerning of travellers.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0763s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb