June 21 2014 Trieste - Muggia - Koper - Piran


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia
June 21st 2014
Published: May 27th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today's route basically followed the coast road from Trieste (Italy) to Piran (Slovenia). Stunning coastal scenery of which the majority of it was flat but with some reasonably steep hills squeezed in between tiny coastal hamlets.
Muggia was our first experience of tiny off road streets which were too narrow to fit vehicles down but good enough for us to avoid town traffic. As usual we never really knew where these lane ways would pop out but the beauty of them made up for the extra kilometres. We stopped for a coffee in Muggia and Sabrina, the proprietor of the shop was busting to help Gus with his navigation. (Photo attached) From there we continued to cycle the coastal route to Piran. It was substantially longer but our chance of getting lost was reduced as a right turn would put us in the sea.

Now let's discuss the shower issue over here

1st and 2nd night. Expensive hotel. Shower curtain attaches itself to your legs given that the distance between shower curtain and back wall was less than 45 cms

3rd night
Shower head height was at waist height. No midgets observed but must be some around. No curtain. Perhaps the midgets have stolen it.

4th night.
Shower door needed to be open in order to bend down

5th. Night
Communal shower and high chance of getting athletes foot. Yuk!! Also distance between tap and shower door was less than my broad Herculean shoulders, consequently you couldn't turn around without knocking the tap on to fully hot or bloody freezing. Neither option is good for the genitals.

6th night
Had to rig up a McGuiver attachment to fix shower head to wall so I could wet my depleting hair line without having to limbo. Gus had to sit sideways on the dunny in order to close the door. The girls we've seen don't seem to fit the shape required for this. What's going on?

I realise that most Poms don't enjoy a shower but given that I actually raise the national average it's quite frustrating when we arrive at a destination and the shower is a major issue. Are there any Sloveinan people over 5'8" that could explain this phenomena. Now you're probably thinking that we are staying in some right dives however they are all highly rated on Tripadvisor. Consequently we are now of the opinion that people who use Tripadvisor are less than 3 feet tall with really really pear shaped bums who rarely shower. They must also be nocturnal as we haven't seen them during the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb