Ljubljana


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia
June 3rd 2011
Published: June 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

It is a unique experience to walk around in a city that old, when living in a new country like Australia. We enjoyed a big breakfast before we took the car and ventured out into this beautiful old city. On my advise we went out the Hotel to the left but that proofed wrong and with the help of a nice lady we found our way back and moved into the right direction. Coming into the city was not the problem but finding a park that was something else. Old European cities are not made for cars, to overcome this they make lots of streets one way and even closer no more cars. We went mostly by the blue P's that meant parking. We drove through lots of small streets that had parking but were full. That gave a few good conversations in the car. But finally we found a park next to the river called Ljubljanica. It was not that far away from the old city. We only had to walk for five minutes to reach it. Streets were filled with tourists even musicians,tables and chairs took the place of cars for no traffic there. There was a huge market as well. The river flows through the center and a few pleasure boats are looking at the city from a different angle. There wore lots of sculptures, some strange looking ones as well. Passed midday we landed on on a few chairs as well, to strengthen our inner with apple strudel and a coffee. There is a siesta here as well for the visits to the two churches we had to postpone. They opened up again at three p.m. We killed the time by buying a post card for Robin. His birthday is coming up soon. The card was bought soon enough but posting it took nearly an hour. They sent us from one place to another to get the stamps and that all happened in the one post office. The churches we did see later were nice and we were lucky that a group of Nuns visited there at the same time and surprised us with some lovely singing. We returned without any problem to the Hotel after paying only a small parking fee of $4.00 and that was for the whole day. That night we went back to the same restaurant for a different but just as nice a meal as the day before. Now we are of to Croatia and no doubt more things will happen. Bye for now Liz & Allan.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb