Bad Feilnbach to Ljubljana


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia
June 2nd 2011
Published: June 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

No day without dramas, that is how our holiday continues. After leaving our lovely Family Hotel, we noticed that the Garmin does not operate in Eastern Europe. So we put in a town close to the Slovenian border and went on our way. Lucky we had done some fabulous homework and used Google and used the print out maps to get to our sleeping place in Ljubljana. But the weather had other ideas. It did not rain it bucketed with Tesla being busy with the lightning. It rained and hailed so heavy that cars pulled over to the side and so did we. When the visibility was better, we continued but not for long for it started again. We could not read the road signs.We pulled into a country road and asked a chap at a large factory if he knew the place we showed him. Lucky, he knew. so on our way again. But at a crucial division on the Freeway, the weather was playing havoc again. We should have kept the left side, but no visibility and took the right fork. Stop stop-wrong, at the last moment we saw the left was A1. What now? Peak hour traffic, a curtain of water. So what do good Aussies do, we backed up all the way on the emergency lane till we saw the sign. made the right turn and found the Hotel without further problems. It looked a nice place and installed ourselves. We had another go at the Garmin but found out with the help of the hotel Manager that they had only given us a West European card. We had a little rest and walked a small distance to a nice little restaurant, something you only find in a country town. A young person spoke English, with his help they dished up a very nice big meal, to big for us. We had to leave some, they have no idea about doggy bags here. The half liter beer went well with the meal. The walk back and a nice shower was very welcome. We hope to tell a bit about Ljubljana tomorrow. Bye for now Liz & Allan.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb