Aound Bad Feilnbach


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
June 1st 2011
Published: May 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we have only a short story for we will leave this lovely place and travel to Slovenia. Bur about today, we were not in any hurry and enjoyed a extensive breakfast, so we would not be hungry for a while. We planned to go up the mountain to Wendel stein. There is a small place called Brannenburg from where this little train leaves. It goes electric, where in the middle part of the rails is a third one, that are steel teeth that locks into the bottom part of the train and pulls it up the mountain. It was build in 1912. It goes up 2000 meters to the top from where you a have beautiful view over the whole area. Lots of people use this for walking, we heard it takes about three hours to do it depending how quick you walk. Looking from our train seat, we enjoyed the climb the easy way. This way we saved our legs for other walks that were waiting on the top. The views are breath taking. We were lucky with the weather, it was close to a few showers but we were spared. There was a little chapel on the top that reminded us on the climb to the top of the Sinai. Many people do there wedding vows here on the top of Wendel stein. There is also a restaurant that served a nice pea-soup very handy there for it was lot colder on top. We certainly enjoyed it. Every hour the train leaves again to bring you down, I did not come up to walk back. A about 4.30 we arrived back at the Bed and Breakfast,where a nice shower was waiting. Bye for now, we have no idea when we can write again. Liz & Allan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb