Small update


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Ljubljana
June 29th 2009
Published: June 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Anyway, we never updated this in Salzburg, which is where we were before here. We travelled via Salzburg pretty much for the sole reason of going on a Sound of Music tour. We spent about half a day doing this with the most terrifying lady I have met in my life. At 9am she was horrifically bubbly and bouncy, and this started to grate after about five minutes or so. Some of the tour stops were pretty cool (the pavillion had to be done obviously) whilst others were really stretching to find a link with the film (pretty lake). We saw the church where the wedding scene takes place which was nice. It was also interesting to hear about the real Von Trapp family story.

Scarily enough we met the scary lady again, the next morning she randomly appeared at our hostel, quite excited to see us. It really is a small world (we had this happen before, we met someone in a hostel in Warsaw, and then saw them randomly again in Krakow!). We left Salzburg on the wettest day of my life. Saturated doesnt even describe what we felt like by the time we had walked 2km in the rain to the train station, complete with bags, to be told the train was broke and we had to take a connection train. We were unimpressed, and more unimpressed by the people laughing as I dripped everywhere. Apparently waterproof coats have a limit to how much they can hold, and mine found it that day.

Now we are in Ljubljana. It is pretty but very small, we dont really believe its a capital city. Every hour on the hour every church (something not in short supply here) rings their bells, out of sync with each other. This starts from 6am, and continues pretty much all day. Theres not very much to do here, though were really only stopping off here on our way to Zagreb, Croatia. The fact that there is not much to do is made worse by the fact Ljubljana appears to shut on Mondays. And we have been here for Sunday night and Monday, so there isnt much here. However, since our only real reason for coming here was so SB could send postcards with an awesome name on, we have achieved our aim.

Tomorrow we are off to Zagreb, the capital of Croatia. Were stopping in a hostel called buzzzzzzzzz.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.416s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1012s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb