Ljubljana walking tours (and some food).


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Ljubljana
August 25th 2023
Published: August 25th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Of course breakfast. Most comprehensive spread we have come across and it continues to impress. We share breakfast with a cast of maybe a hundred others so it is a little’Coles Cafeteria’ at times but we manage to find a corner and relax. The selection includes more bacon than I’ve ever seen before but that sort of thing is expected. Other more esoteric items include some lovely baked beans cooked with cumin seed in a manner quite like the Egyptians served for breakfast. There’s also an aged cheddar wheel with crumbled cheddar, why someone asked, why not I reply! Rich strawberry and chocolate cake is also there, the same ones that we had late a couple of nights ago for supper. Even I ask why to that offering. Even the coffee is pretty good. I’ve found if I mix a couple of the options I get a very good morning brew. Not having to rush away also means the sampling process becomes quite leisurely.

But it’s not all about breakfast!

It’s walking tour day. Both of us like the facts, figures, antidotes and stories we get from guided tours and the format of the free walking tours suits us. Trouble is you don’t know what you’re not getting. We thought the first tour was good but the second tour (which builds on and supplements the first) often referred to stuff the first had not covered. The tours went through the old town and up to the castle and gave good perspectives to sights, buildings, sculptures and the like. The little stories behind such things are fascinating and really give life and meaning to the sights of Ljubljana.

Between the 2 tours and after for evening meal we went to the Friday pop up food stalls. Big hustle and bustle but some good food and a great atmosphere. Lots of busking and music and lots of food.

And now it’s coffee and snooze time.

Caio for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb