Not Bled out yet.


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Inner Carniola
August 5th 2023
Published: August 5th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Far from Bled out. Despite having 60mm of rain in 24 hours here the place has much to offer. Listening to Geelong beat Port Adelaide probably put us in a good mood but we had planned to venture out and around the lake anyway. In the drizzle and some times more than drizzle we walked the 6km and thought we deserved the famous Bled cake. There is a before picture as there wasn’t much after. Like many regional specialities (Sacha torte!) the hype and expectations exceed the reality. For me the most impressive thing was that if all the cakes sold were stacked on top of each they would reach around the entire lake and exceed a height of 7 metres! For Julie she was impressed by the fact the place had robotic waiters! The fact they delivered to the incorrect table did not put her off at all. Further details are available via Julie, she even has a video of the offending robot. I however have standards to maintain!

Around the lake photos follow, so same as always go look.

This is a p.m. post and we will be off for evening meal soon. Tomorrow we plan to get a bus to Vintgar Gorge (sometimes called Vinegar Gorge) thanks to spell check and poor proof reading (well really no proof reading) by me. I expect it to be closed due to flooding or not open to us due to a flood of tourists who were more prepared than me and had pre booked tickets (who pre books for a National Park?). We will see.

Caio for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb