Day 3 in Saint Petersburg!!!


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Northwest » Saint Petersburg
October 26th 2014
Published: October 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone!!!



So today we had no Honcho so first day alone in Saint Petersburg, After a good nights sleep (where I did not snore or talk in my sleep) we headed into the city.

Our plan was to head to the Peterhof and Tsarskoe Selo which are palace estates and castles built as summer homes, however, trying to understand where the buses were and which one to get was a minefield so after a walk down we decided to change our plans.

We went to the Russian museum which shows the history of Russia including all their old and new areas, so this covered all the different religions as well. It was interesting but not really our cup of tea!!

We then looked at the Stroganov Palace and the Kazan Cathedral which are very old, massive gothic style buildings but to expensive to enter!!!

After all that sight seeing we decided to window shop, there are so many shops in Saint Petersburg its ridiculous!! Of course we looked at the high life shops i.e. Versace, Louis Vitton etc... but the price of everything out here is way over the top!!! we only have a £41 a day budget!!! Even found a Jamie Oliver Italian restaurant but didn't have Sue Harris's savers card card!!

After all that we were knackered so headed back to the Hostel where we cooked some pasta for tea and I sat down with a Russian guy watching the football and drinking some beers while Vicky read her book (she is good to me)

Then at 2215 we packed up and left the hostel to get our sleeper train to Moscow, this was meant to be easy however it turned into a hike!!! We didn't check the location of the station as it looked easy to find on the map, however it was hidden away and if not for the good people of Russia helping and one guy walking us there we would've missed the train, as it was we had it with 30 mins to spare (Vicky was on edge by now...with my directions).

Once on the train (had to have cart 9 of 10 so long walk down) we got our cabin which was cool however we got it into our heads it was just us.....until 2 burly Russian guys joined us!! They were fine and all in beds by 0000.

Thats as day three!!!



Love from N&V x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb