Day 2 in Saint Petersburg!!!


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Northwest
October 25th 2014
Published: October 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi all! Didn't have a brilliant night sleep, the dorm of 10 had people coming and going all night it seemed; then there is always that one person that snores and sleep talks 😞 Fortunately that person was Neil waking up the rest of the room with his noises so I had permission to punch him every time I was just starting to drift off again since the last snort!



Anyway, woke up to meet Anna our honcho (tour guide) who took us on a marathon site seeing day of the city:

-Hermitage Museum seeing the priceless painting 'Madonna and child' by Da Vinci.

-Peter and Pauls Fortress

-St Isaac's Cathedral (262 steps for great panoramic views)

-Church of Spilled blood



We went to lunch for a traditional Russian omelette thing (potato pancakes AKA rosti's) and a hot chocolate later in the afternoon. We finally got back to the hostel after declining politely the enthusiastic attempts from our tour guide to take us to more museums. We cooked pasta in the hostel and chatted to another Russian guy for a bit. In for the night (we know it's a Saturday night but we're on a budget and beer is expensive in bars, and I resent the thought of putting all my layers back on to venture out into the icy weather, how Neil is immune to the cold is beyond me).

All for now xxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.348s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 15; qc: 67; dbt: 0.1132s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb