leaving romania


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania » Muntenia » Bucharest » Gara de Nord
July 10th 2009
Published: July 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ok so we've already left but we wanted it on the little map thing. Currently in Bulgaria where there are yet more thunder storms and mosquitos which are eating us alive. (we call them Dracula). Arrived via night train last night and got to the hostel at around 6.30 am our time this morning (half 4 for you). Managed to check in and get a few hours sleep for a small extra charge, They also gave us breakfast so it was all good. Then we went for a wander and found all there seems to be here....nothing. We went into a pretty cathedral and down to the crypt where there is apparently some world renown religious art (I wouldn't know) we managed to confuse the lady on the desk with SS's aber uni card for a student discount but it got us in cheaper 😊. We found a little market/carless carboot sale with loads of random junk and a few pretty shiny things which would break in our rucksacks so we couldnt buy them. Had lunch at a nice restaurant with a smily waitress (BIG difference from romania where I (SB) have decided the majority of people are very rude).

OK SS says i have to write about Romania as I put it as the status. Well, we went via another night train to Brasov in the middle of Transylvania. We had a cabin to ourselves and free water and shoe polish (?). Arrived at around 9 am and had much trouble trying to find the hostel. Phoned the (scatty) lady twice, asked at tourost information (which just happened to be the picture on the hihostel site) and still couldnt find it! Ended up going down a back alley through someones garden into it where the neigyhbour was on hand to let us in as the lady STILL hadnt managed to turn up! We had a rest before going out and seeing all Brasov had to offer in about half an hour (this included a big church which had once burnt down, the smallest street in europe and otehr such oddities. oh and a Brasov sign like the hollywood sign which we dont understand.) We passed the time in cafes.

Then onto Bucharest (not Budapest, a mistake made by George Bush and Michael Jackson). We saw the parliament building and went on a freeeeeeeeeeeee tour around 5% of it (yay for student cards). Also saw the mini paris with its arch de triumph and scary roundabouts. We managed not to get bitten by any of the stray dogs and then stayed in a crappy hostel where the staff slept in our rooms 24/7 and they lost half of our clothes when washing them. Now were in sofia till tomorrow when we go to Plovdiv before coming back for our flight on monday. See you all soon!!!

SB and SS xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.243s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb