We gain a Matt.


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
July 6th 2009
Published: July 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well, an eventful weekend. We found a Matt at Budapest airport, and also managed to find our hotel, two successes. We had booked a 3-star hotel over in Buda, a tram ride away from the city. After dumping our stuff at the hotel we went for food, and tried to eat food outside, before the heavens opened, forcing us inside. There was much beer in funny shaped bottles for Matt and pretty drinks for me and SB. First night we had stopped up past ten in a long time!

The first day was spent doing general sight seeing things on a hop on hop off bus. We saw Buda Castle, Citadella, parliament building and other places we hope Matt will remember. We got off the bus to find a neo-nazi demonstration taking place which the police were present at. There were looooooooads of police, and we figure everyone must have been arrested or something cause there were also looooads of sirens. This amused Matt a lot.

In the afternoon we went on a river cruise. Sadly it tried to educate us about things when we wanted to just sit and relax, so Matt had the right idea by falling asleep, photos to follow.

The second full day we went to a little town called something like Szendendre and wandered around. There was some sort of art festival going on, and cushions in the road to sit in, fun!
After that we headed back into town and in search of spas. We went to the most famous and oldest one called Gellert Baths. Much amusement followed as we tried to locate Matt (single sex changing - disorganised chaos). We found him, and took advantage of the pool, sauna, wave pool, other pools, and the single sex thermal pools (which were damn warm!). We spent around 3 hours here, nice and relaxing. We left the spa to find it was raining, great.

We went out for food which turned out to be pretty crap, and left to go to the bar opposite to buy cocktails, and try to discourage people from eating at crap place. Then we went for a wander and found a market on a bridge (this was night time as well!) and had a look at that for a while. Then, we went to sleeeeep.

This morning there was little time, after leaving our luggage at the train station we took Matt back to the airport and we think he is on a plane now! Well, we hope.

And that was Budapest, we have a few more hours here, before our night train to Brasov (Romania). We will be staying out of the sun, after we got burnt despite wearing loads of cream. Tonight we have our own private carriage on the train and this is exciting.

Much travelling in the next week, we will be sleepy. One week till we are back in the UK :s

Advertisement



Tot: 0.309s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0853s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb