Another storm.


Advertisement
Bulgaria's flag
Europe » Bulgaria » Plovdiv Province » Plovdiv
July 11th 2009
Published: July 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well we are in our final country and final stop of the trip. We are in a place called Plovdiv, about 3 hours from Sofia where we were yesterday, and where we will be tomorrow for our fight on Monday. Sofia was odd, it didnt seem like a capital city, not helped by the fact we arrived there at 6am. There was little to see, which we knew would be the case. We went to see a cathedral and a crypt which SB probably went on about yesterday.

This morning we came here after much fun. We struggled to find the tram in Sofia, and once we did find it we were fined 10 leva each for carrying rucksacks! For the entire trip we've been asking if were okay to carry rucksacks and most places have found this idea ridiculous. First place we dont ask, were fined.

This would have been fine were it not for the fact that we literally had 20 levas to our name, so the fine took all our money. And caused a lot of confusion with a lady abusing the tram conductor for being so fussy over our fine (we were a few pennies short and confused when counting out the money). Ah well, we made it in the end.

The train ride was dull except for a storm which somehow leaked through the window into our carriage, even though the window was shut. Then once we arrived in the Plovdiv the heavens opened to give the biggest storm ever. Much more fun to find the hostel involving lots of steps and cobbled roads with no name, made worst by the fact tourist information closed two minutes before we arrived. We were lucky that some random man at the station gave us really good directions (he was British though, which was a little odd).

But here we are. Being eaten alive by mosqutios! I have 30 bites (SS) and am winning the prize for looking like I have the plague. Perfect way to scare people away though!

Tomorrow Sofia, and then Monday the UK.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb