Benagil Caves


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve » Albufeira
October 30th 2022
Published: November 5th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Today in the afternoon, we headed out on our boat trip to the Benagil Caves. The coastline of the Algarve is beautiful lined with steep cliffs and lots of rocky outcroppings and caves. The area known as the Benagil Caves have caves opening to the ocean that are large enough for boats to go in. Our boat was like a large Zodiac, with 2 lines of seating, with each seat kind of like a motorcycle seat that you had to straddle, and handles on the seatback in front of you. There were about 20 people on our boat.
Before going to the caves, we went to an area where dolphins are commonly sighted, and the boat stayed around for 20 minutes or so, so that everyone could watch the dolphins. Then we headed further up the coastline to where the caves were. Some of them had cut outs up at the top, so the lighting was beautiful, and some had little beach areas inside. Unfortunately we couldn't get out of the boat, but at least our boat was amall enough that we could go fully inside the caves (we saw a few larger boats that had to stay mainly outside). There were a few people kayaking, but the water looked pretty wavy, so we were happy with our boat choice.
The whole trip was about 2 1/2 hours, and then we took our time walking back home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb