Albufeira


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve » Albufeira
October 29th 2022
Published: October 30th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday, we were planning to do another ride share, to get from Seville to Albufeira, Portugal but the only one offered at a time we wanted had a 1 star review. Only 1 review, and it was from 6 years ago, commenting that the car didn't have a/c and that the driver was 40 min late. We decided to give him a try anyway, reasoning that 1 bad review isn't necessarily accurate.
He communicated right away, so we thought that was a good start. Then the night before, he asked if we could move the departure time from 11 to 12:30. We agreed to that, but then yesterday morning, he said he'd be a bit late, and then said he was taking his car to the mechanic. We had him cancel the ride share, and took the bus instead.
The bus was a bit longer of a trip, adding about an hour or so to our drivetime, but at least we knew when we were going.
We got to Albufeira and followed google maps to the address for our house swap. We couldn't figure out where exactly we had to go, so we phoned the housekeeper, who gave us more details. Then we got to the apartment, and took the key from the lockbox. The key wouldn't turn. We video chatted with the housekeeper. She said we had to push a button on the key. It turned out that the key has a little button that extends its length- so strange, we would never have figured out that in a million years!
We settled into the apartment, then went to stock up at the grocery store. Since we're here 5 nights, we want to enjoy eating lots of vegetables, as it seems like you never get enough of those to wat when you're eating out.
This morning, we decided we'd walk to the marina (about 6 km away), where they have trips going to the Benagil Caves. The beach closest to us ends in rocky outcropping, which didn't look passable, so we went up to the road, then walked til we could head back down to the next beach. It was a really nice walk, with some beautiful views. Then lots od stairs to get back up to go past the next outcropping of rocks.
We had been interested in maybe doing a kayak trip to the caves, but the 1st place didn't have anything going til Mon. The 2nd place explained that they didn't offer kayak trips this time of year as the seas were too choppy, even their boat trip hadn't gone today because of the seas. With that information, we decided to sign up for a boat trip instead, leaving tomorrow afternoon, weather permitting.
We took our time walking back, meandering through the old city, which is lined with shops and restaurants. I found a new sarong. We got back home just as the sun was going down, so I went to the beach closest to us to get some photos of the afterglow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



30th October 2022

Stunning!
Wow, how beautiful!

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 37; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb