Checking out stuff!


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Pomerania » Leba
August 3rd 2011
Published: August 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi friends and family,

Today was just walking around and planning things to do in the next couple of days and also sampling and trying various yummy things to eat and drink.

We're at the sea-side so obviously seafood was practically being given away the prices were so cheap!

We so wanted to go to eat at each and every restaurant but one only has one head and one mouth so one sitting per day would have to suffice. Nevertheless, we managed to have a good dose of no-frills fish and chips without the fancy stuff and where the local people patronise. Its important to buy from local people and not only the more expensive establishments although we went to those too!

We also went to this river-side cafe where you could people-watch as you sat in the sun and had pots of tea and scrummy cake. "The Small Young Gentleman" didn't like his creamy chocolate cake because it had fruit in it! Ah well, what can you do?

We did notice though that practically everywhere we patronised soon became filled up because of our presence and this cafe was no different.

As I said to you earlier, people of coulour are a rarity in this part of the world and we were objects of interest but people were very polite about it and would buy things at the shops we were in and not just openly stare. At one point, the gingerbread house attached to our hotel had a queue going around the block because we were in it! Children however, did come up to us most especially myself, and stare and speak to us in Polish. It was no problem. I just started a conversation and spoke to them as I would speak to any other child in England or in Germany. They may not have understand the words but they understood the conversation!

Tomorrow we're going to the beach.

See you then!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb