Bergen


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Bergen
June 25th 2018
Published: June 25th 2018
Edit Blog Post

TorgallmennigenTorgallmennigenTorgallmennigen

This is one end of Bergen's long rectangular square.
Mother nature obtained some revenge for the nice to perfect weather we have been experiencing. While not a total wash out, yet close, Bergen is marred by light, and fairly constant drizzle. This comes as no surprise to us as Bergen averages a maximum of sixty sunny days per year.

After the very long day at the Pulpit Rock we had reduced our itinerary here, which became even more truncated with the rain. While disappointing, we are thrilled this did not occur yesterday at The Rock. And the rain did not preclude our planned lunch at the fish marked. We are sending this post out of order as Prekestolen will be much longer, and we are simply savoring the pictures. Soon, so can you.

Bergen is a very cute city with a long and powerful history. This was the center of Norwegian trade with the Hanseatic League during the Middle Ages. Norway's cod contribution was traded here. Commerce remains important for Bergen. The offshore petroleum industry supplies many jobs as, of course do people like us, tourists. Without further ado we present the extensive collection of Bergen photographs-all three.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Doozer's legsDoozer's legs
Doozer's legs

Saw this Norwegian King Crab at the fish market and thought we would eat it for Doozer. You're welcome.
Hanseatic League CenterHanseatic League Center
Hanseatic League Center

This is where the big wigs of the League made deals.


Tot: 0.327s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1083s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb