The last 700 km


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
August 1st 2010
Published: August 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday I travelled the last approx 800 km of the total 10.000 km I traveled in the month of July during my trip.
It was difficult to get reservations for all the trains I used from Munich via Mannheim, Köln to Brussel and back home.
I intendend to stay abroad as long as possible for my interrail ticket is not for the country where you are living in.So I left saturday with the 13.23 from Munich and arrived home at midnight.

In the morning I took a long hop on hop of tour without hopping of to see as much from Munich as you can in 2,5 hours. Munich, a lot of palaces, churches, musea . Munich is like a big village completely filled up with old buildings. The guide mentioned very proudly the house in Schwabing of the students Sophie and Hans Scholl who were member of the resistance group Die Weisse Rose in Munich and were executed by the nazis on febrauri 22nd 1943.

You see also the places build in the Nazi time and the place were Mr Adolf Hitler made his coup in 1923 for which he went to prison and found time to write
Hauptbahnhof MünchenHauptbahnhof MünchenHauptbahnhof München

München Station train to Mannheim
his booklet.

Also Munich a place for a short trip to come back and see more.

All the trains this day were overcrowded and I was happy I insisted on the travelcenter on reservations and not just try and hope the best of it. The landscape from Munich to Stuttgart is beautiful and the part along the river Rhein is always nice to see with all the wineyards and waiting for the song of the Loreley.

Met in the train Manheim -Frankfurt again a mother and a son. Husband died already as husbands usually do before theirs wifes.These were people with also a feeling for travelling. Had seen a lot even the young son and he has as hobby to know as much as possible about the romans and want to see as many places as possible were all these romans have been. This part of 2,5 hours went very fast talking about Germany and how Germans sometimes thinks and before I knew arrived at the Köln mainstation.

On the last part Köln- Brussel midi you pass the new station of Luik, Liege. It s so modern, so beautifull. Pity the city around is like it is.

Coming week I ll try to put some pictures on the travelblog and hopefully I can continue my trip shortly.

Advertisement



5th August 2010

incredible
Hi Bert, Wat een reis ben je aan het maken.Ongelooflijk wat je allemaal moet regelen, improviseren en ook nog reizen.Fascinerend om al die landen steden te zien en zoveel mensen te spreken. Heftig, het probleem met de schoonvader van je zoon.Hopelijk gaat het weer beter. Ik wens je een interessant sluitstuk van de reis en behouden thuiskomst. Groet, Emile

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb