Burkas


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
August 1st 2010
Published: August 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Amazing the numbers of arab ladies with Burkas you see in Munich. It are quite a lot and too many to be a tourist office promotion.
Ladies with scarfs are even a lot more. Not the sad black scarf our number one racist Mr Wilders is so scared of but many colorfull ones and the girls are laughing a lot what probably means they don t mind and feel happy.

I slept in the Intercity hotel, more or less within the station, and the only maps of Munich they have available are in arabic and mention beside the streets the 7 Mosques of Munich.

When you see them shopping these arab people are not the peasants from the middle east countries but the rich ones and they buy a lot.

The intercity hotels are simple hotels and you see them in the bigger cities in or next to the mainstation. Probably built in the 60th of the passed century and ooking like that the only upgrade they have is the amazing price.

Despite the rain the city was very crowded with lots of tourists and locals. The Altstadt looks really old and it s surprising that most of these buildings are more or less completely rebuilt after world war 2nd because 90% of the inner city had been bommed flat.

Had dinner in a restaurant in a small street with good food and no tourists





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.341s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb