Day 17 – Perast and the salad


Advertisement
Europe » Montenegro » Kotor » Perast
June 10th 2015
Published: April 10th 2016
Edit Blog Post

As nearly every morning, we could enjoy our breakfast on the terrace. Stanka, our host, had baked small Montenegrins’ cake filled with a date and hazel mixture. Flavourful! I did try to communicate with her in serbian and wanted to learn how to say « Thank you », yet I could not really pronounce it.



We had a 50 Euros banknote, which was a little bit damaged on the side, and nobody agreed to take it. That is why we went to the “Stari Grad” to an exchange office. Once the torn banknote being history, we took a bus to Perast for 1 Euro per person.



We ascend St-Nicolas’ church which offered a nice view over Perast, and took a boot towards « Our Lady of the rocks » isle, built artificially in the 15th century. They literally filled the sea up with stones, always at the same place, through two centuries. There is also a museum in the church that you can visit.



When evening came, we were chatting with our hosts about the activities we had planned to do and precisely about the way we would visit Petar II mausoleum, the second highest peak of Lovcen mountains. Of course there was organised tour that we could book in any agency of the town. We were looking for a cheap way to go though. Stanka’s husband called one of his friends, taximan, and bargained a ride, leaving at 9, for 40 Euros for both of us.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb