Grand Prix....


Advertisement
Monaco's flag
Europe » Monaco
May 29th 2006
Published: August 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Antibes and particuarly Monaco where really something else. The wealth and extravagence of the whole place was overwhelming - yes, even for me! However, I have to say that the French people in general, with some exceptions where an arrogant bunch of wankers that needed an attitude readjustment! The house in Antibes was gorgeous but stank of poo (even worse than Alicia), but we overcame all the challenges and ended up having a great time. Peter and Simone (more Dutch rellies!) joined us for a week and were great value and lots of fun. Old Antibes especially was really beautiful, with a very characteristic little village full of restaurants and cafes in really small lane ways. The Grand Prix was awesome and the atmosphere vibrant. I thoroughly enjoyed this part of the trip and my expectations were well and truly met. We visited Cannes during the Cannes Film Festival and got on to the red carpet - shame that there was no-one else famous apart from me strolling (or wheeling) down it that day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb