Thats Amore


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
July 19th 2007
Published: February 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Burano, VeniceBurano, VeniceBurano, Venice

Home of fine lace and cute little fishing houses!
Im going to say it. Not including Australia, which is home and Japan which is ichiban (number 1) Italy is my favourite. Loved it loved it loved it.

I loved knowing that this was the country that invented pizza, and pasta. Mouthwatering, flavour filled tomato sauces the main ingredient in back to basics pizzas that just melt in your mouth.

The allure of Venice, a million laneways to weave and dodge, like your very own James Bond spy movie.

The surprise of picturesque coastline, cool, clear rock pools with scurrying crabs. Yellow lines of umbrellas, a perfect frame to the endless blue.

Houses jutting in to the cliffs, making it unclear which depends on the other to stay put.

A lifestyle that means that something might be open in the morning, might be open mid afternoon, wont be open at noon and just deal with it. This extends to the trains, yes theyll be running, except there might be a strike on Sunday and what are you going to do about it?

Camping grounds that provide cool and calm, and magnificent views.

Images of family owned olive groves tradition as deep and rich as the olives themselves.

The deli stall of a small town market, where the hour long wait in line is a pleasant insight in the Italian life, where a slice of foccacia, a pot of olives, a few choice cuts of cheese and slices of the freshest unpronoucable ham and a drizzle of pesto is not lunch for a curious tourist but part of the provisions for a dinner party or a family luncheon, in a part of this world where real lives are being lived.

Cities where it is actually scary to be on the streets after dark because it is the home of the mafia, and you might have heard a gun shot last night.

Town names like Positano, Amalfi and Sorrento, where youve watched Catriona buy gelati and now your doing it yourself.

I could go on an on..............


Additional photos below
Photos: 54, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

The CinqueterreThe Cinqueterre
The Cinqueterre

One of the most beautiful regions in the world- go there!
Im excited!Im excited!
Im excited!

Pizza in Venice
Chez looks scaredChez looks scared
Chez looks scared

But she did it!
BocconciniBocconcini
Bocconcini

In a country market in Deiva Marina, La Spezia
Ans finally leaving MonterossoAns finally leaving Monterosso
Ans finally leaving Monterosso

After waiting for a boat brave enough to face the waves!
PortovenerePortovenere
Portovenere

We had to get the boat to here and then a taxi to Riomaggiorre because of rough seas and no trains
Walking track, Cinque terreWalking track, Cinque terre
Walking track, Cinque terre

The steps up to Corniglia
VernazzaVernazza
Vernazza

I can just imagine the little old italian woman hanging these out!
RiomaggioreRiomaggiore
Riomaggiore

Cherida with her special wine


3rd February 2008

sunny italy
Looks great, makes me want to go back right now! My mouth is watering!! xxx
4th February 2008

Great Story... U Rock
yes Italy is wonderful. i only spent 2 days there and would love to go back. Is Chez having Lambrussco?. c u ron! Ben. xx
6th February 2008

Huh?
WHat did you take me off your subscribers list? Why didnt I get notification of these new blogs! Rated a couple of these 4's and 5, you have some great shots here! Looks like fun... on to the next post! :)

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb