Rest Day in Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
June 21st 2016
Published: June 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Not sure if you can call today a rest day, this morning we took a boat to Murano Island to see the glassmakers at work. What artist these people are. The glass works is beautiful and to think all these items are handmade. After a wonderful couple of hour at Murano we then get a boat to the island of Burano where the art of lace making is undertaken. Unfortunately, we found ourselves in a shop with the pushiest sales person we have every come across, was a very unnerving feeling. Need a large glass of Aperol Splitzer after this, thank goodness the restaurant down the road and the view of the wonderful coloured homes could help with this. Burano is a lovely colourful outer island of Venice with small almost comically house painted in striking blue, green, pink and red colours. The rest of the afternoons was spent walking around the laneways of the Cannargio area and of course a Gondola ride. Tonight we are dinning at a restaurant overlooking the main canal and then will walk around Piazza San Marco. Well what an enjoyable evening we end up in Piazza San Marco for after dinner caffe and a concert only problem was that we did not look at the menu and just sat down and offered. Yes 2 espresso coffees and a pot of tea cost us 35 Euro. Rose has become an expensive date. But this was a great way to finish our enjoyable day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb