Parma to Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
June 20th 2016
Published: June 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Oh what a fantastic day. This will rate as one of the best days, we started the day watching the production of 11 wheels of Parmigiano Reggiano at the artisan family cheese factory of San Pier Damian (DOC registration 3333) what a wonderful 2 hours watching the cheese maker pull the cheese out of the copper cauldrons, seeing the salting process, visiting the aging storage room and learning how the experts examine, grade the cheese and mark them with the fire brands. After all this we then tasted 18, 22 and 40 month old Parmigiano Reggiano (We are in heaven all those wheels of cheese and we only want to eat 40 months cheese now). You would not think the day could get any better well 2 hours later we have arrived in Venice. What an amazing place we have been given an upgrade to a room on that overlooks a small canal. We have spent the rest of the afternoon walking the local area of San Polo and have found a wonderful Wine Bar and meet a great family from California and chatted and drunk for a while with them. Dinner was in a wonderful 36 seat restaurant in a back laneway and we finished the evening enjoying a waterbus ride along the Grande Canal back to our hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb