What’s the hotel name? … I Dunno


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
September 8th 2006
Published: September 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Got up early and bused to the train station. We only just got on the bus because it was packed with travelers from the hostel. We had a bit of a yarn with some Scottish lads and then caught a train to Venice.

We had booked a hotel to stay in over the internet, and it proved difficult to find, firstly because the directions to get to it were a bit of a mission to decipher, and secondly because someone (Brendon) forgot to write the actual name of the hotel down. But Brendon managed to sort it out, by using the internet at another hotel, I think the guy let us use it because we were Kiwi’s and he wanted to talk about rugby. Jonah Lomu is a well known man. We got to the place which was pretty close by and checked into our room. For some reason ours stunk of tequila. You get accustomed to it after a while, it just took about half an hour each time we returned.

The hotel we stayed in was not actually on the island of Venice, it was on the mainland but only about a 5 minute bus ride got us out there. We went out at about 7pm after spending the afternoon walking around the mainland. (We saw a snake eat a frog in a stream, bizarre but true). Anyway we got to Venice and walked all over the show, it is truly different to anywhere I have seen before, no roads or cars or grass, just canals, punts and old and fascinating buildings. I had my first taste of pizza in Italy, and it didn’t disappoint, was a good change from ham and cheese rolls. The transport on and off the island is excellent, with buses and trains going all through the night. We stayed until about midnight before busing back.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

VeniceVenice
Venice

We took this shot through Brendon's sunglasses


Tot: 0.272s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 29; qc: 122; dbt: 0.1758s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb