Girls, girls, girls


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Emilia-Romagna » Bologna
September 7th 2006
Published: September 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bologna FountainBologna FountainBologna Fountain

Where we had lunch
We woke up and had ham and cheese rolls for breakfast, boy did we eat a lot of ham and cheese rolls, in fact we had them for breakfast, lunch and tea that day. We caught a bus into town, and walked around the town, before finally finding a spot of grass for lunch. It is amazing in those cities how you can go miles and miles without seeing anything remotely green.

It was with hesitation that I agreed to walk up the Asinelli tower, which is just under 100 metres high, especially because the Garisenda tower next to it is on a massive lean, it was built in 1109, and I am crap with heights. Anyway we did it, my feet were sweating as we got higher and I had to take my jandals off. It was weird though once we got to the top and were leaning right over the edge, I was fine, and we sat up here for about an hour, just looking over the city. I could have stayed for hours more, as it was such a nice day and the view was brilliant. When we did come down, we went to a church which had some magnificent sculptures, we were looking around, when some lady, who obviously thought we were really religious, took us to a separate piece of the church where no one else was, she was speaking Italian at us really fast so I have no idea what she was trying to tell us.

After all this sightseeing we decided to chill out in the piazza (square) and it was mind blowing, never have I seen so many pretty girls in one place, most of them were bicycling on old bikes. Not like NZ where they would have helmets, and their track-pants tucked into their socks. They have skirts and their hair is flowing in the wind. (Callum, stop it you'll go blind). So after steering, I mean sitting for an hour or so we headed back to the hostel.

We found a nearby supermarket and stocked up on some food and beers and ate outside until heading back to our room. We were in a room with a French guy and a Tunisian guy. The Tunisian was trying to tell us he was there to get his bowels cleaned out or something. So I was a bit gutted when
Don't look downDon't look downDon't look down

This shows how wonky the shorter tower is
I drew the short straw and had to sleep on the bunk above him. It was fine, except all the hostels in Italy seem to think no-one is over 5 foot tall so their bunks are ridiculously small. All in all a good day, I would definitely recommend Bologna to anyone traveling to Italy.



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.509s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 31; qc: 120; dbt: 0.3862s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb