Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
July 9th 2006
Published: July 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Drying my cameraDrying my cameraDrying my camera

This is the vent at the Hilton in Rome...it is currently bonding with the vent at Hotel Rossi in Venice, as well!
Hello!

Well, we are just finishing our time in Venice- we leave our hotel tomorrow morning bright and early (at 5:15 AM) and head to Munich. Our hotel here in Venice was our first experience with a small, private residence. It is simple, but adequate, with several little quirky things about it such as having to turn on the electricty with the key (and you must turn it off before you leave the room.) The staff is very friendly and helpful though, so that is wonderful!

Today we wandered all around Venice, and actually never got lost (save one little trip.)
We visited Murano and got to see a beautiful vase and glass horse being made. I had never seen glass be blown before, so that was really cool! Not to mention that the shop had gorgeous statues all over it...and for a small fee of 2,000 €, you too can have your own Murano glass chandelier!!

Another fun experience of the day was washing our clothes- everyone hangs them out the window, and so we did that too (to go along with our European disguises.) Luckily when we returned from our day, all of our clothes were
Night-time in VeniceNight-time in VeniceNight-time in Venice

This was our view from one of the first bridges we crossed upon entering Venice Saturday night! The weather is perfect here, too.
still there (and actually dry!!)

The World Cup Championship game (Italy vs. France) is going on right now, and so there are groups of people sitting out in the streets around tv's all over. Plus, there is a VERY loud horn that goes off randomly about every 30 seconds...and then lots and lots of noise when there is a point scored!!

An update on my poor camera: it will turn on, and now I can view the screen (such as the menu items) and it attempts to take a picture... but the lens isn't quite healed from its swim yet. I am hoping that giving it more time will restore it to life. Meanwhile, I have attached a picture of the lengths my wonderful Dad has gone to to air it out...

Ciao!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Dad & IDad & I
Dad & I

A picture of us on a bridge...
World CupWorld Cup
World Cup

One of the clusters of people watching the soccer game.


9th July 2006

Wow
dude, nila, it looks like its been an awesome trip so far!! and you got to see nate again, yay!! i'm anxious to hear how you'll like Muenchen (sorry, reverted to my german there, lol) for obvious reasons, but rome and venice looked amazing. and all the history at the vatican! wow, even for someone like me (aka without the catholic background) it would be truly awesome to visit. i hope your camera heals over the next few days!! love ya... take care of yourself.... :-)
10th July 2006

only 4??
Thanks for the pictures!! But....only 4??? Isn't your Dad taking scads of pictures?? What's the deal?? I haven't talked to you guys in 4 days and all I get is 4 pictures?? Sheesh! Okay, just had to rib ya. The pics look great and I'm so glad you're seeing it all!! Meanwhile, I've started planning our January trip-- ha ha!! Have fun-- stay safe-- we're missing you!! love mom/ joni

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb