Schloss!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
July 10th 2006
Published: July 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The empty bridgeThe empty bridgeThe empty bridge

Do you see how many people are Not on this bridge?? We didn´t encounter any crowds, and it was wonderful.
A quick forewarning about this post: the keyboard I am using has the z and y switched, so from now on those two letters will be transposed because I am trzing to tzpe this as fast as I can. sorrz!

We left Venice this morning at 5:15AM and arrived in Munich at 9AM. We dropped our bags at the Creatif Elephant Hotel (interesting name for an interesting place...) and then headed right to Neuschwanstein Castle. We were expecting there to be a lot of crowds, but there actuallz ended up being hardlz anzone there. I posted a picture of the bridge overlooking the castle just to prove the lack of people for anzone who cares...

Anzwazs, we didn´t tour Neuschwanstein, but we did tour Hohenschwangau, which is the original castle of the familz (Ludwig´s parents). It was a small tour and our guide was great!

The entire Bavaria area was absolutelz beauitful...we had a 2 hour train ride to the castles, and everz bit of the land was amaying. The Alps were in the background, and otherwise it is all green, rolling hills with small towns nestled among the hills.

Germanz in general is reallz clean, especiallz
Castle!Castle!Castle!

This picture is from the bridge overlooking the castle. The weather was perfect when we were there, and it was just approaching sunset...
compared to Italz where we came from. There is no graffati (as opposed to Rome, especiallz, where it is alll over!) Also, it is amusing because the buses ands trains are both on time to the minute- we couldnt read anz signs, but we knew exactlz where we were (what stop) based on the time! It is quite nice.

A lot of people here speak English, too, so that is convenient. Well. I need to be rapping this up because other people are waiting for the computer! Tomorrow we are going to Dachau and then some other places (zet to be determined) and then Wednesdaz we flz to London- so somewhere in London I´ll post again. I hope this post finds everzone doing well!!

OOO! And long live mz camera!!! Even after being soaked in water, it is now fullz functional again. In fact, in honor of it most of the pictures I am attaching were taken on it... zaz!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

FüssenFüssen
Füssen

This is us overlooking Füssen, which is the town with both of the castles. It was a really cute little town!
Long live my camera!Long live my camera!
Long live my camera!

What more do I need to say??
Füssen AgainFüssen Again
Füssen Again

This was taken from the patio of Hohenschwangau Castle as we were waiting to begin the tour...


11th July 2006

haha
Nila, the funny thing about your transposed letters is you may actually sound a little German. haha. you are German, you know. The castle looks gorgeous... you ought to have some frameables out of that one! Dachau will not be as entertaining. Love you!
13th July 2006

Drooling
I love, love, love Neuschwanstein!!!! Okay, I'm so insanely jealous right now that I can't think of a single thing to say.
22nd July 2006

"zaz"
You went to Neufschwanstein! Jimmy and I got to go there with his parents, as I'm sure he told you...the memory that sticks out the most is a small bavarian waitress calmly but assertively correcting Mr. Barnes' pronunciation of the castle :) "stein"..."shtein"..."stein"..."SHTEIN"! Ohhh, good times. I love reading your journals! Thanks!

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb