too sexy?


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
May 21st 2008
Published: May 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

The answer is yes.
Too sexy for milan fred. And your cat. Whatchu think about that?

SO! The other day we were in the swiss alps, the town was called Zermatt. It is overlooked by the MATTERHORN which is more or less the symbol of switzerland. Its the mountain on the toblerone bar wrapper!! That was phenomenal, but an exhausting hike to the views. Then at the top we had a picnic with swiss cheese and chocolate, and we yodeled a wee bit.

We have been sincerely welcomed to italy. Yesterday was a dreary day, adn the plan was one night in milan, and one night in venice. We arrived in milan, went to the hostel which was full, noticed the not-as-glam
-as-we thought surroundings and skipped town! With mcdonalds in hand, so we would make it to the next train to venice. A bit tired and crabby, we arrived in venices pouring rain, and the city really did seem like it would sink. Then we trudged our way to the bus depot, and the busses were on strike, so no guarantees there was one coming. No umbrella, we were soaked, and decided to begin the walk to the mainland which would probably be around an hour. But then! We saw our bus after about 10 minutes going to the depot, so we went to a stop we passed, and a man shared his umbrella with us. He got off at the same stop as us and was concerned for our ventures in a not creepy sort of way, and took it upon himself to send us on our way. We told him where we were going, and he asked people directions en italiano. He wouldnt speak english so we just walked in silence in the rain, when finally we came to a gelateria and he bought us gelati! Then he wrote down some directions, and sent us along. Incredible! We àre camping here for 10 euro a night, and its great showers and loos. Could not have found more of a steal.. theres even a shuttle in and out of venice for 2 euro a trip! Jolly Camping, i love you!
Weve spent today so far walking around venice-- its so beautiful and shops and shops and gelati and HUGE pizza and shops.

So. quite happy, only downside is the net is 4 euro an hour. Thats my cue to leave!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb