oops!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Pays-de-la-Loire
May 16th 2008
Published: May 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Time limit on the comp!

I am behind behind behind with these, sorry!
Turns out life got ahead of me. I've done several trips since the last blog, such as northern ireland where we went to see cirque du soleil, giants causeway, and did a black taxi tour (where a local shows you around town--the murals etc). Very interesting--especially to see the segregation between the catholics and protestants even after the troubles. There is a wall called the "berlin wall" seperating the 2 roads : shankhill and the falls, as well as a gate that closes between the two at 10 oclock.

THEN i was off to lithuania!
Went to see a girl from work, ina, who just moved back home from living in dublin. 10 days there, sunny sunny weather, and i was WELL taken care of! I dont really know where to begin with that trip. Highlights were having a barbecue in the country, the trakai castle, and the fact that i was COMPLETELY immersed in lithuanian culture--needless to say theres none too many tourists there and i was staying with my friends mom and her boyfriends mom the whole time. Lithuanian food as well.. delectable!!

Theres the overview, now im backpacking with erin from winnipeg, for 2 months of good times!! In paris at the moment, on a timed comp, so it might cut me off any minute now. Started with 5 days in dublin, then a few in london, and now 4 in paris. next up is switzerland where we will hike the MATTERHORN!! its a word that's meant to be yelled, with fists pumping etc. Paris is way way better tahn the first time i saw it, i really feel like ive done a good stint of it this time. Louvre was fantastic, went to a great market today as well. Its a switch having company all the time but i'm getting used to it. Yesterday was quite exciting, my friend lara was in paris on her contiki tour and the 3 of us spent th day together, complete with crepes on the champs elysees and finished with a baguette and cheeses! Then last night i was reunited with Chelsea whos rented an apartment in paris for the month with her boyfriend.
Very strange how everythings turned out...

Im off. Strange being so away from dublin and it seems like winnipegs a lot closer now.
Hmmmm! Till then,
BON VOYAGE!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb