The Con


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
February 28th 2008
Published: February 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I had a marvelous day off yesterday.

It started with tea in the morning at church which i attend every wednesday. Always good craic!
Joe came to that, so then we went and bought tickets to cirque du soleil (Me, Laura Patri and Rosa are going in april!!), and walked around in lovely weather and joe handed out a few CVs. Then we went to the oldest pub in ireland, the brazenhead, and had beef and guinness stew (delicious!!). Later that day we watched the last king of scotland... very good movie!! And then it came to be the moment i´d been waiting for : tegan and sara concert.

Oy. I must say, i´ve been embarassingly detatched from the canadian music scene since being here, and did not realise they were coming to town until last week, and it was sold out!! So i spent the past week hoping that tickets would fall from the sky, and yesterday, in the utter depths of despair, decided to go to the venue and look for a scalper. Lucky for me, Joe felt like going too. And joe is on a leave of abscence from working at MTV in new york. After trying the back door, and no tickets for sale, we went for it. The doors werent open yet, and so we strutted (in our very best MTV snob sort of way) to the doorman, and with a flash of the card "Hello, we´re with MTV", he was putty in our hands. "Oh yeah, work away work away!"

IN FOR FREE.

Now, i´d like to say that when we got in to the empty venue posing as MTV employees, that we milked it and strutted backstage for a preshow pint with the band etc etc, but quite honestly my heart was about to jump out of my mouth if i opened it, so instead we cowered in the bathrooms until the doors opened and we could blend in.

The concert, was amazing. And what better to see The Con Tegan and Sara Tour than as one?


Advertisement



29th February 2008

The con.
me too libby. i feel terrible. here i am at school in the computer apps class. and its our free class. im on the computer. sending you a message. im a terrible human being. but so are you. so its alright. but oy vey. you are a grand human, and im glad you hid in the bathroom. because yes. and mom says you should send tegan and sara money. since you're a jerk and ripped em off. aha. but thats alright. anyways i feel awful so im gonna go. miss you!

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb