A Leaning Tower and Canals


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
July 30th 2018
Published: July 6th 2019
Edit Blog Post

This morning we said goodbye to Florence and again traveled north and west on our way to our final destination of Venice. Traveling through Tuscany with its fig and olive trees we stopped at Piazza dei Miracoli to spend a little time enjoy the sight of the famous Leaning Tower, one of the most recognized building the world over. From there we headed to a Tuscan country farm for lunch and wine tasting.

Filled with wine and food we now continued the rest of the way to the coast and the city of Venice. After getting settled in our luxurious hotel, we joined our tour guide for an impromptu walk to the Rialto Bridge. Unfortunately in a city criss-crossed with canals there is no easy way to get across the city. The walk was fast and hot as the temperature was one of the hottest seen in the city. We arrived at the bridge at dusk then having to make our way back to the hotel and dinner. We had true Italian pizza for dinner and lots of water.

Tomorrow our final full day in Italy, we will tour the area of St. Marks Square.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb