Dinner at Montecatini Alto


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Montecatini Alto
August 5th 2023
Published: August 17th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Today the new members of the team wanted to rest after their previous travels so it was a quiet start for Krissy and Greg while Mhairi and Rose went for an early morning walk around the Parc Delle Terme Montecatini Terme

Rose and Mhairi walked around the Montecatini Park we featured in our previous blog. Late morning we decided to go for a drive Free-style (just following our nose), we came across a small town called Larciano Castello which was at the top of a hill and had no tourism at all, but the locals waved and were very friendly. We decided to drive on to find somewhere for lunch, after consulting Trip advisor, we chose a spot and drove to the town of Lamporecchio . While driving in, there was a open field with about a dozen wild deer posing for pictures for other tourists. We planned to go back to take photos, but when we got back they had gone as a council van had arrived and was chainsawing trees.

We had selected Il Canniccio Pizzeria Trattoria. Antipasto of meats and cheeses with a couple of Pizza's sounded like a great lunch for 4, however we didn't anticipate how good the Pizza would be so we decided on a third Pizza. These Pizza's became the benchmark for which all other Pizza's we eat for the next week would be measured!

We spend the rest of the afternoon resting around the swimming pool before getting ready for a special dinner at the same restaurant in Montecatini Alto as we had lunch with Alan at. This time we all went up the Funicular Ride on a beautiful Summer evening about sunset time what a great start to a evening out.

After dinner we walked up through the town and stopped at several shops to look at their goods before returning to Montecatini Terme on the Funicular Ride.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1093s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb