Greve in Chianti Tour


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Greve in Chianti
August 6th 2023
Published: August 17th 2023
Edit Blog Post

We are doing another day in Chianti, however this time we are based around Greve, not Radda. Our plan is based around a small vineyard tour and tasting at 2:30, so in the morning we parked in Greve and explored the township, stopping in a degustation cave (wine shop and tasting) which stocked about 1000 Chianti wines with many in self service dispensing units where you can preload a card with credit and use the card to purchase tastings of the wines. The service was not so good, so we didn't stay long.

Our first drive up to a Vineyard was no so successful as they could take us for a vineyard tour and lunch, but it would have overlapped with our pre-booked tour and tasting so we decided to go to another Trip Advisor favourite in the town of Strada in Chianti called La Dispensa di Andrea e Gregorio (it just seemed to coincidental). The food here was also stunning, of most notable was the Antipasto platter for 2 which 4 of us struggled to complete, which was presented on platter made of unprocessed cork bark. See photos for stack of platters, sorry no photos of food as we were speechless.

After lunch we needed to get to Montefioralle to have our vineyard tour and wine tasting. When I said this was a small vineyard, they have 5 hectares of vineyards and only three staff (father, son and wife). They produce 15,000 bottles and utilise 20 friends and family for 1 week to harvest. While they mostly make red wines they also made a wonderful dessert wine which was produced by picking the graped when mature and drying them in the roof rattler area to further intensify the flavours and sweeten the sugars. The grapes are then individually sorted to produce the final dessert wine. Their red wines where nice but very young and would need to be cellared for a long time that just does not work in our house.

After the long day we had a quiet evening outside on the terrace.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb