Bologna to Trieste


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Friuli-Venezia Giulia » Trieste
July 12th 2018
Published: July 20th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Bologna to Trieste


Firstly to all those who regularly watch for our bloggs , sorry for the delay, we have had a fully packed 10 days and the bloggs have not been done. So I have set aside a day to catch them up.,

After landing back in Bologne from Berlin, we started the drive to Trieste which we decided required a stop over in Padua (Padova) for the night. In Padua we found a lovely town (hot at 33) with a small central marketplace and lots of restaurants. After Lunch we left Padua to Trieste and our home for the 5 nights. Trieste has always been a desire for me to see as 20 years ago I was involved in setting up Perfect Espresso who were or are the Illycaffe agents for New Zealand and I have always wanted to see their factory. Unfortunately this wasn't to be. Not to worry, Trieste is a wonderful port City.

On the first day we decided to explore the Castello di Miramare which was an excellent historical monument. The Castle was about 250 years old and was built by a German with a Belgium Wife, there was one floor which remained in Original condition. Upstairs was dedicated to English and German (during WW2) with more modern facilities.

After finishing at the castle, Rose and I decided to drive up the coast a little and find somewhere for dinner. Instead we found a Beach club, so sat and watch the late afternoon sun go down with a couple of Aperol Spritz and then on to the neighbouring Restaurant for dinner. It was so good to be back on the coast and having seafood. Spaghetti Vongole is still my favourite.

Each night in Trieste we managed to find another exceptional restaurant to have dinner at and each with their own flair.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb