Day 15 - Sorrento/Capri


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Capri
May 10th 2016
Published: May 10th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to Capri which is an island just 25mins away from Sorrento. We took the ferry over and then had about an hour to spend before our boat ride around Capri started. Capri is beautiful, it has amazing clear blue water and grottos around the island. We went to the blue grotto where there was an hour wait on the boat to get in, but it was totally worth it. We had to transfer into a little row boat and then pretty much lie flat inside to get into the grotto as there is only a tiny entry to go into. But once you're in it opens up into a massive cave and you can see the light shining into the water, giving it a bright blue glow. As we were leaving the grotto Blair's glasses got knocked off and fell into the bottom of the blue grotto (hence why he never buys expensive sunnies!). We then landed back on Capri Island and took a cable car up to one of the main viewpoints in Capri. We had some much needed lunch (it was now 2.30pm and everyone was starting to look zombie like) and then had a fast walk to the Augustus Gardens as we were running out of time. I wish we had more time as it's a beautiful garden and has the best views of Capri, but we just took a few photos and then had to race back up the hill to catch the cable car back down to make the ferry. The same thing happened last time we went to Capri..... We ran out of time! There's so much to do in one day and last time I remember sprinting down the hill with the contiki crew to catch our ferry! It's a beautiful island but you really need a full day to soak it in! We are now back at the hotel and relaxing after our big day before we go out to dinner. Ciao!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb