Day 16 - Sorrento/Amalfi Coast


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Amalfi
May 11th 2016
Published: May 11th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today we got picked up by our driver Franco and were taken around the Amalfi Coast. It was beautiful, some of the best views we'll ever see. Our driver was amazing and managed to get around the hairpin corners, overtake buses and when it got really sketchy he had to pull in his wing mirror so he could squeeze past. We went to Positano, Amalfi and Ravello. Positano was beautiful, we had to walk down a bit to get to the beach and it was a pretty expensive place. Amalfi was pretty similar but a bit more busy, we had lunch at a restaurant by the seaside with the amazing blue water like Capri, and Ravello was a nice quiet town up the top of the cliffs where we bought some ceramics (we liked this place the best). Because the towns are built on the cliff sides, there is limited room to build new places so you can see some people had just added houses to the side of unstable looking cliffs and there is no parking so people just park on the side of the narrow roads so you have to squeeze past them all. Our drivers name was Franco and he was the best driver I've ever met. He was a typical Italian driver, he dressed really nicely, had amazing driving skills but he also went out of his way to make sure we had a great experience, and the price was really good as well! I don't normally advocate for businessess but his service was amazing so if you're heading out those ways ask for Franco (www.transfersorrento.com). Anyway I'll upload some picks so I can get some sleep. Goodnight!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



11th May 2016

indeed
italy has great tourist potential.it is favorite for me...amalcoast is such a huge attraction.

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb