Day 14 - Sorrento


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Sorrento
May 9th 2016
Published: May 9th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today we took a train and headed to Sorrento. We caught a taxi to the train station, had some breakfast and then boarded the train to Naples. Apparently Naples is pretty dangerous (we'd been warned) so we were lucky we booked a driver to pick us up and take us to Sorrento so there was no mucking around! The drive was beautiful and we got to see the beautiful coast of Italy. Jacquie and blair got an Italian language lesson included in this drive. We arrived at the hotel which is amazing, it has a pool and bar on the roof top! After we'd checked in we went for a walk through the little markets where Jacquie and I got some free chocolates and limoncello, until the boys noticed we'd lagged behind and then had to get their share of the limoncello freebies. We also walked past the hotel I'd stayed at last time I was there and then we wentt out for dinner with an amazing view (and good food too!) funnily e ought it was the place I'd been before on contiki. So more great memories at this restaurant. Oh and I've added a picture of our new Murano glass sculpture as we unpacked it today (yay it isn't broken). Tomorrow we go to Capri for a day. Ciao!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0759s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb