GALWAY


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
August 2nd 2023
Published: August 3rd 2023
Edit Blog Post

DUNGUIAR CASTLEDUNGUIAR CASTLEDUNGUIAR CASTLE

One of many castle ruins dotting the landscape
In lieu of taking the train with two changes, we booked private transport with Daytrips. A lot less hassle and a much shorter trip. We stayed at the Galway Bay Hotel. The primary reason for going to Galway was to see the cliffs of Moher and proximity to Cong and Ashford Castle. There are a lot of people here this week and we had difficulty finding lodging. The reason for the large number of people is the horse races, Ireland's Kentucky Derby lasting a week.The women are all dressed up with outlandish hats.

We took a day trip to the Cliffs of Moher. It was really tough weather overlooking the cliffs with driving wind and rain that can make holding your phone for pictures very difficult. In fact, sometimes they close the site down due to the hazards and have had people blown off the cliffs. However, as one Irishman told us, ther is no such thing as poor weather in Ireland, only poor choice of gear. I beg to differ! The exhibit was interesting in that it shows that the cliffs were at one time at the equator millions of years ago.

This marks the halfway point of
CLIFFS OF MOHERCLIFFS OF MOHERCLIFFS OF MOHER

This was a tough picture to take under the conditions!!
our trip and as such we had two weeks of laundry. Want to give a shout out to Queen of Clean Laundry who provides a pick up and delivery service of laundry with 24 hour turn around time. Really nice job and significant savings from 2.50 Euro for a pair of socks charged by the hotel!!

Now it is off to Cong and Ashford Castle and the big day on Friday!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

GUINNESS FAMILYGUINNESS FAMILY
GUINNESS FAMILY

Daddy, when will I grow up to be proper pint like you?


Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb