Howth


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Howth
April 9th 2017
Published: April 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The Coastline in HowthThe Coastline in HowthThe Coastline in Howth

Very nice area. Lots of outdoor activities.
Today Kathy and I headed to north of Dublin to Howth. Leaving Castleknock, we took the 38 bus (which is becoming our favorite) to Dublin City Center and walked to the DART (Dublin Area Rapid Transit) station and headed to Raheny, between Dublin and Howth, to stay at the Four Seasons B&B. We are staying in Raheny because it is just a short train ride to Howth and the B&Bs in Howth are pricey. After check-in, we headed to Howth and...you guessed it...a couple of Guiness. After tooling around the port and some hiking up the hill about 2 miles, we dined at The House restaurant. The House was recommended by Evelyn, our host at the AirBnB in Castleknock. Life is good with steamed mussels and a cool white. Interesting enough, Captain Bligh from "Mutiny on the Bounty" fame, stayed at The House restaurant. I wonder if he had mussels and white wine.
Tomorrow we will return to hike around the entire island. There is about an 8 mile hike along the coastline and from the photos online, it looks to be not only challenging but beautiful.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Downtown Howth VillageDowntown Howth Village
Downtown Howth Village

Nice church too!


9th April 2017

Beautiful Area!!!
Looking at that beautiful coastline! Think "We're Home!"
10th April 2017

Howth
Glad you are enjoying a day without rain. I'm enjoying the blog!
10th April 2017

Rain
Apparently we are having unusually nice weather. Slightly cool but sunny and often over cast. We will take all we can get.
11th April 2017

Great adventure
Looks like fun. What an opportunity! Looks like you guys are having fun. Have a Guinness for Kayla and I. Be safe.
11th April 2017

More than Enough
We walked about 12 to 15 miles today. That means 1 for you, Kayla, and myself. More than enough for all.

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb