Hiking Howth


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
April 10th 2017
Published: April 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Kathy on the TrailKathy on the TrailKathy on the Trail

Kathy is staying away from the edge so she doesn't get blown off the trail. The winds were high on this side of the peninsula.
After visiting Howth on Sunday, we returned the next day (Monday) to hike the coastal trail around the peninsula. There are several loop hikes around Howth with the longest hike being about 8 mile along the cliffs surrounding the village. This is a very beautiful hike with some treacherous cliffs as much as 100 ft above the ocean. One slip in many area would be deadly. Kathy says "Put your big boy pants on and stop your sniveling." Needless to say we had fun. After the hike we stopped at Wright's and the Bloody Stream Restaurants for beers. I won't tell you which beers but I bet you can guess. On the way back to the B&B, we stopped at the grocery for bread, cheese and wine. I was happy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Lots of ViewsLots of Views
Lots of Views

This hike had lots of scenery and good views throughout the entire hike.
Cliffs of HowthCliffs of Howth
Cliffs of Howth

You can see the rugged coastline of the hike.
Downtown HowthDowntown Howth
Downtown Howth

I think this picture was also on yesterday but I put it on by mistake and couldn't get it deleted....so enjoy again.


12th April 2017

Wow!
How(th) beautiful .... this would have been my favorite part of the hiking . Ireland is beautiful for sure
12th April 2017

Howth is Beautiful
But the entire area along the coast from Dublin to Howth provides a great selection of activities and outdoor adventure. Fortunately, we have had many day of good weather. Our understanding that is this is not necessarily the norm...hummm!!!! Could you imagine all this walking to buses and trains in cold windy weather. Kathy and I could take it but I'm not sure those around us could when we shake off the cold and the wet like a couple of hairy dogs.

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb