Budapest Day Two


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest » Buda
August 13th 2009
Published: August 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We woke, we showered, we lounged in bean bags, we planned what to do for the day. I had an interesting chat with the most ignorant Irish guy i have ever met. It wasnt Conor or Enda. That guy really pissed me off. Maybe it was the heat. Probably not.

We took a group decision to walk around town rather than use public transport. This was actually alot of fun. For the first two hours. The second two hours were a mix of sweat and effort and cursing. We saw lots of sights...the chain bridge, the palace, a GIANT hill which we almost climbed completly. There were some damn spectacular views from that hill, i will admit.

Budapest is a really interesting city. I dont know if id call it pretty, but there is lots to see. My advice is take a bus though.

We headed back to the hostel via a supermarket. All three of us were then treated to head Chef Conor 'Gordon Ramsey' O' Rourkes own brand of italian cooking. It was good. Spicy. I was the only one who went back for seconds. A quick power nap and a shower later and it was time to start thinking about what to do on our last night.

We ended up going out with people from the hostel on a pub crawl, but it ended up being just one pub for the three of us. I think it was called Cha Cha Cha. Dont really remember, which is strange, cause i was the most sober person in the place. With Conor being the most drunk. Kidding. He wasnt that bad.

Anywho. I got us talking to some American/Australian/Canadian people and we spent the night chatting to them before our group bailed (well most of us, some hung around at the pub). We walked back to the hostel, with Conor nipping into the Kebab shop beside the hostel for a sneaky Kebab which i, thank god resisted. Last time i went for a kebab with Conor i (my stomach) regretted it the next day.

We hit the hay and due to the heat and the million billion miles we had walked that day, fell quickly to sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb