Budapest Day One


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest » Buda
August 12th 2009
Published: August 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Following the huge activity day the previous day, we had decided to follow it up with paragliding. It should be noted that we skipped our night train to do so.....but we (mostly me tbh, figured it would be worth it). So five of us set off (our three intrepid heroes and an Aussie and a Danish guy) to a nearby town to go paragliding. I could go into it, but basically, it was expensive. WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. He was charging us for stuff even before we got to the top of the hill/mountain. So we bailed. We headed back to the hostel and hung around for a couple of hours before running accross the street to the train station to catch a train to Salzburg, then to Vienna, then to Budapest.

The train journey was nice. The middle train from Salzburg to Vienna was easily the nicest we have been on. Modern and fast and fancy. Which was nice. The train from Vienna to Budapest was marginally better than the one we got to Prague. At least it had air con. The two lads (Conor in particular) got talking to two of the people in the compartment with us. They were over from America, one being American, the other originally being from Hungary, but working in D.C. as a Hungarian TV stations American correspondent. Conor took....a shine to her.....:-)

We got to Budapest late late late. Around 10.30 in the night i think. And tried to make our way to the metro or subway or something. Tempers (mine in particular) were frayed. After several trips to and from the train station to get money and then to get change we got the metro half way. We got out where we were supposed to. Then we were lost. So we got a taxi about 400 yards to a place that was closer to where we were supposed to be. And we got lost again. An hour later we get to the hostel. Which was not really like any of the previous hostels. It was run by a guy called Tim from Killarney, he was sound enough and said hello (which at 12.30 at night was nice). We got to bed anyway, exhausted and melting from the heat. Tomorow was going to be fun :-) (Fun meaning hot) (Not hot in the good way).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb